Meet the Team
Ahoj Productions is a family-owned and operated multimedia production company
Steve Firak: Media Production Manager - A graduate from Columbia College Chicago, Steve studied film, post-production audio and music production. Steve has donned many hats, from camerawork to bed music composition (click here for samples) on dozens of industrial, commercial and creative videos through the years Ahoj Productions’ most recent film,Chester Gould: An American Original, which aired on WTTW 11 – Chicago PBS.
Tom Firak, Ph.D. : Producer/Writer/Researcher - Tom is a professor at Oakton Community College. Tom co-wrote/ the script for Chester Gould: An American Original .
John Firak: Editor/Cameraman - A Chicago-based filmmaker and a graduate of Columbia College Chicago where he studied documentary filmmaking under Emmy Award-winning director Jeff Spitz. John has worked with companies such as Split Pillow, The Kindling Group, The Whitehouse Post Production.
Katie Willcockson: Videographer, video editor, and photographer from Woodstock, Illinois. She has a passion for all things artsy and always has a camera in her hands. She recently graduated magna cum lade from Northern Illinois University, with a degree in communications/media studies, and a certificate in digital media production. Katie currently works for a web-based documentary series called American Dealers, and has worked on music videos, PSA's, wedding videos, and promotional material.
What We Do
Ahoj Productions specializes in
-- High-definition commercial/industrial, narrative and documentary filmmaking,
- Training videos provide triple the knowledge retention techniques through aural, visual and reading-based learning styles.
- Orientation videos bring viewers closer to the message of the company
- Product videos can help inspire potential buyers to want to learn more.
- Create that music video, comedy skit, or deep narrative you've been wanting to film!
-- Music production in cooperation with Stow Away Sound Studio.
- Do you have a catchy song idea but no instrumentalists?
- Want to record an audiobook or podcast?
- Would you like to share a favorite song with a loved one in your own style?
-- Digital transferring of film, video and audio tape.
- VHS tapes wear out quickly over time and especially during playback after years of storage.
- Film can become brittle and should be transferred carefully.
- Showing friends and loved ones old films can be a chore! Finding the right projector, servicing if necessary, get them digitized!
- 8mm, super 8mm, 16mm (all with and without sound), VHS, magnetic 8mm video tape and more!